Positive Practice Guide
Alcohol and drugs
The following websites provide general advice or support on alcohol and drug use.
- Drink Aware – www.drinkaware.co.uk
- Talk to Frank – www.talktofrank.com
- Fresh Steps Health Trainers – provide help and support surrounding alcohol and drug use for further information please call 0800 412 5502
- Somerset Drugs and Alcohol Partnership – www.somersetdap.org.uk
- Turning Point – www.turning-point.co.uk
- DrugScope – National Treatment Agency for Substance Misuse DrugScope
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
Professional body for Counsellors and Psychotherapists. You can find a therapist via this website http://www.bacp.co.uk/seeking_therapist/right_therapist.php
British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies
The British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP)is a multi-disciplinary interest group for people involved in the practice and theory of behavioural and cognitive psychotherapy. You can find a therapist via this website http://www.babcp.com/Default.aspx
CRUSE Bereavement Line
A helpline for bereaved people and those caring for bereaved people.
Call 0844 477 940
For support and help for children, young people and their families in Somerset:
- Getset – www.getsetsomerset.org.uk
- Somerset Direct – www.somerset.gov.uk/childrens-services
- Adult social care – www.somerset.gov.uk/adult-social-care
- Avon and Somerset DAFFS Domestic Abuse – FreeFone Supportline 0800 6949 999
- National Domestic Violence Helpline – 0808 2000 247
- Somerset Direct – 0300 123 2224
- Somerset Survivors – www.somersetsurvivors.org.uk
- Men’s Advice Line – www.mensadviceline.org.uk
Provides information on a range of topics including types of mental distress, where to get help, drug and alternative treatments and advocacy.
Call 0300123 3393
A confidential listening services providing a safe place to talk if you, or someone you know, is in distress. We can also give basic information about mental health and local services.
Call 01823 276 892
Somerset Suicide Bereavement Support
Support service for anyone bereaved by suicide in Somerset – 24 hour helpline telephone 03300 330 5463, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Swan Advocacy (formerly Somerset Advocacy)
Specialised advocacy service will enable some of the most disadvantaged residents of Somerset to make their own decisions and be in control of their own lives. A range of advocates with specialist knowledge, skills and expertise to help people who are struggling, to give them a voice. Swan Advocacy